Imagine the following situation:
To replace certain frames in a DCP or IMF package, just follow these steps:
1. Load the DCP or IMF package in easyDCP Creator+.
2. If you want to create a supplemental package, right-click on a track and choose "Supplemental > Enable for all Tracks":
Info: All tracks should be greyed out now, which means that they are just referenced and not included in the new supplemental package:
3. Move the playhead to the first frame you want to replace (here: frame #280). Then click on the scissors to split the reel/sequence:
Info: A reel should automatically be added to the composition (here: reel #2).
3. Now move the playhead to the next frame after the last frame you want to replace (here: frame #330). Then click on the scissors to split the reel/sequence:
Info: A reel should automatically be added to the composition (here: reel #3).
4. Add your supplemental frames as a new track and drop it onto the reel that contains the frames to be replaced (here: reel #2):
5. Don't forget to rename the composition according to the Digital Cinema Naming Convention (here: creation date and package type "OV" to "VF-1"):
6. Generate the new package.
The result is a DCP or IMF package with a new composition that replaces the desired frames. In case of supplemental, please note that a supplemental package is not self-contained, which means that it must be loaded together with the OV track files in order to play correctly.
Hint: If it becomes necessary to create another Supplemental DCP / IMP, load the Supplemental DCP / IMP that has already been created and proceed on the basis of the previously created Supplementals exactly as you have done before.
For later use in the cinema or Netflix both Supplemental in the correct order are necessary. The naming convention provides for consecutive numbering VF-1, VF-2 and so on.
Please note: Supplemental packages are only supported in easyDCP Creator+.