Easier & faster packaging:
Rename DCP files with easyDCP Creator+
Imagine the following situation:
- Your DCP has already been packaged and works flawlessly. However, the file names of the DCP do not meet the requirements of the cinema / studio - namely, content title and reel number are missing.
- Now the files shall be renamed so that they contain the DCP’s content title, its reel numbers and are therefore human readable.
- The conversion should be done quickly, easily and without any time-consuming re-encoding.
- The use is very similar for DCPs and IMF packages.
- Also works with the standard version of easyDCP Creator.
- All presets can be used for new projects as well.
- Warning: Do not manually alter any DCP, since this will break its internal DCP structure.
- Your DCP is e.g. in the following file structure (the root folder already contains the movie title, but the movie title is missing in the individual DCP files and are not human readable):
- To customize the filenames of your DCP, first open your DCP with your easyDCP Creator+. Then select the “Custom” preset under "File > Options > File Naming":
- In the right-hand pane, under "Usage", the available DCP name components are listed as placeholders (% 1,% 2,% 3, ...). Now use the placeholders to create your desired DCP file names by typing the placeholders in the desired order in the Metadata Files and Track Files text boxes. In this way, you allow the easyDCP Creator+ to inherit the components of the DCP to the file names. Check your settings in the instant "Preview":
- Finally, save your DCP via "File > Save Package". The files of your DCP are immediately renamed in-place and re-signed. The file names of your DCP now contain the DCP components you specified (here: the movie title, a half UUID and the respective acronym):
This template was created with easyDCP Creator+ Version 3.6.4. Previous versions may not yet include this feature, but in newer versions the process may be slightly different.