|This FAQ is valid for
|from Version 3.7
Easier & faster packaging:
Rename DCP files with easyDCP Creator+
Imagine the following situation:
- Your DCP has already been packaged and works flawlessly. However, the file names of the DCP do not meet the requirements of the cinema / studio - namely, content title and reel number are missing.
- Now the files shall be renamed so that they contain the DCP’s content title, its reel numbers and are therefore human readable.
- The conversion should be done quickly, easily and without any time-consuming re-encoding.
- The use is very similar for DCPs and IMF packages.
- Also works with the standard version of easyDCP Creator.
- Attention: All custom presets will be used for new projects as well.
- Warning: Do not manually alter any DCP, since this will break its internal DCP structure.
- Your DCP is e.g. in the following file structure (the root folder already contains the movie title, but the movie title is missing in the individual DCP files and are not human readable):
- To customize the filenames of your DCP, first open your DCP with your easyDCP Creator+. Then select the “Custom” preset under "File > Options > File Naming":
- In the right-hand pane, under "Usage", the available DCP name components are listed as placeholders (% 1,% 2,% 3, ...). Now use the placeholders to create your desired DCP file names by typing the placeholders in the desired order in the Metadata Files and Track Files text boxes. In this way, you allow the easyDCP Creator+ to inherit the components of the DCP to the file names. Check your settings in the instant "Preview":
- Finally, save your DCP via "File > Save Package". The files of your DCP are immediately renamed in-place and re-signed. The file names of your DCP now contain the DCP components you specified (here: the movie title, a half UUID and the respective acronym):
- Attention: Your user-defined file names will also be applied to all new DCPs. If you only want to use these settings for your current DCP, you must reset the file namings after saving your current DCP (see step 2).
This template was created with easyDCP Creator+ Version 3.7. Previous versions may not yet include this feature, but in newer versions the process may be slightly different.
JPEG 2000 files generated with the easyDCP Creator meet the required requirements.
You can also import pre-generated JPEG 2000 files. Make sure that the input format "Option", the entry "JPEG 2000 Re-encoding" is disabled. In this case, easyDCP Creator does not check if these files are compatible with current standards. The software merely copies the files to the DCP.
This may eventually lead to a rejection of the DCP by certain playback devices / digital cinema servers. In such cases, we recommend checking the entire DCP with the DCP validation function of easyDCP Player + or easyDCP Creator +.
Currently, we are not aware of any problems with DCPs that are generated by easyDCP Creator.
Easy, fast and reliable packaging:
Create compliant packages with dummy subtitles in easyDCP Creator
Imagine the following situation:
- Your partially subtitled DCP or IMF package contains reels / sequences like film leaders or credits that lack subtitles. Therefore it will not work in cinemas or it will be rejected by your parter / studio.
- Now your package shall be fixed by adding blank dummy subtitles so that the package is fully compliant.
- The dummy subtitles shall be automatically created in the proper format (e.g. conformity, frame rate, duration) eliminating manual errors.
- Each reel must contain the same number of subtitle tracks for maximum compatibility with projectors.
- Even works in the standard version of easyDCP Creator.
- Also works with encrypted and IMF packages / TTML subtitle format.
To add blank dummy subtitles to a reel of your package, follow these steps:
- First, open your package in easyDCP Creator. Here you can see that one or more reels do not contain any subtitles (here: reel 1):
- Now right-click on the appropriate reel and select “Add Empty Subtitle”:
- A blank subtitle file called “Silence for …” will be added and created automatically during package generation. Technically speaking, it only contains a blank space in the first frame. It has the proper frame rate, format and duration:
- Finally, generate your new package as usual by clicking on "Generate Package".
This template was created with easyDCP Creator+ Version 3.6.4. Previous versions may not yet include this feature, but in newer versions, the process may be slightly different.
The easyDCP Validator is paret of easyDCP Creator+ and easyDCP Player+.