Easy, fast and reliable packaging:
Create compliant packages with dummy subtitles in easyDCP Creator
Imagine the following situation:
- Your partially subtitled DCP or IMF package contains reels / sequences like film leaders or credits that lack subtitles. Therefore it will not work in cinemas or it will be rejected by your parter / studio.
- Now your package shall be fixed by adding blank dummy subtitles so that the package is fully compliant.
- The dummy subtitles shall be automatically created in the proper format (e.g. conformity, frame rate, duration) eliminating manual errors.
- Each reel must contain the same number of subtitle tracks for maximum compatibility with projectors.
- Even works in the standard version of easyDCP Creator.
- Also works with encrypted and IMF packages / TTML subtitle format.
To add blank dummy subtitles to a reel of your package, follow these steps:
- First, open your package in easyDCP Creator. Here you can see that one or more reels do not contain any subtitles (here: reel 1):
- Now right-click on the appropriate reel and select “Add Empty Subtitle”:
- A blank subtitle file called “Silence for …” will be added and created automatically during package generation. Technically speaking, it only contains a blank space in the first frame. It has the proper frame rate, format and duration:
- Finally, generate your new package as usual by clicking on "Generate Package".
This template was created with easyDCP Creator+ Version 3.6.4. Previous versions may not yet include this feature, but in newer versions, the process may be slightly different.